“Cleanliness is next to godliness” is what the general saying is about cleanliness, and it very true and applicable everywhere possible. When taking about kitchen utensils they just ought to be clean because they have to be used in cooking food or storing food thus there are no second thought about them being clean and people don’t think so but the same is the case with the refrigerator. Refrigerator is used to store the food and thus it has to be clean to prevent the stored food from getting infected and degrade which may later cause diseases and lead to other health problems. Even the best refrigerator brand needs cleaning and maintenance.
The steps or tip to clean your refrigerator are as follows:
• The very first step being obvious would be to remove all the food item from the refrigerator so that you may get to the difficult corners and edges to clean them effectively and efficiently.
• Soak the racks and shelves of the refrigerator in dish wash soap and warm water so that it gets soaked and the dust particles sticking to it may get removed easily.
• Use the similar solution of warm water and dishwashing soap to clean the insides of the refrigerator.
• Use baking soda at places there are stains which are too stubborn to get removed with the normal solution.
A few tips to make this even better
• Always use a very good quality microfibre cloth or a sponge to clean the inside surface of the fridge. The warm water to be used as directed should indeed be warm and not hot.
• In case of the stubborn stains as mentioned above used baking soda. You just have to take baking soda and a little water to prepare a thick paste of the baking soda and apply this paste where there are stains and allow the paste to stand there for about an hour before you wipe it with wet cloth. The baking soda paste makes it loose enough to clean with a damp cloth.
• Always keep looking about the condition of the products that are stored in the refrigerator because the growth of the moulds may contaminate other food and lead to damaging of all food present in the fridge. This is more of a regular preventive measure to keep the fridge clean.
• Talking about regular preventive measures you should always clean the spills in the fridge as soon as possible because many of these very spills cause the stubborn stains on the shelves and racks of the refrigerator.
• In case of disinfectants you should never use the chemical disinfectants that are normally used in the kitchen to clean inside the fridge because they might affect the food that will be stored in there. Chemical disinfectants are a serious no-no. you can always use the natural disinfectants like those which contain citric acids or natural citrus oils because even if they come in contact of the food in form of vapours then also they are not that dangerous.
• Never apply much pressure while cleaning stains as you may break the inner surface of the fridge.